Employment Opportunities at First-Plymouth Church
Director of Media & Technology
First-Plymouth Congregational Church seeks a director of media and technology with skills in television and multi-media production.
The successful candidate will be a team member in a dynamic, progressive organization that creates positive, engaging community programming and worship opportunities.
The director of media and technology will:
- Produce, create and direct the weekly Sunday morning production of the video program through the church’s multi-camera HD operation in the sanctuary, requiring live-to-record directing capabilities
- Oversee audio operations for in-house and recording purposes
- Provide technical and audio assistance for speakers and programs
- Set up audio and video services as needed for six worship services per week, concerts, speakers and special events throughout the week
- Create, produce and direct single-camera, on location promotional videos that require editing and packaging for distribution on broadcast and social channels
- Recruit and direct volunteers needed for the multi-camera Sunday morning production work
- Edit the Sunday service program and distribute to media outlets
- Be responsible for archiving video
- Work collaboratively with the program director on development of creative promotions for special series and activities of the church, including website updates
- The director of media and technology reports directly to the senior minister as a part of a collaborative, creative team, and could be called upon to work on a variety of projects and issues.
Qualifications: Ability to create promotional videos, from concept to execution. Ability to recruit and direct the work of volunteers on a video production crew. Knowledge of editing processes, video archiving protocols, and processes for the distribution of video files. Knowledge of social media and web CMS functions.
Experience directing multi-camera programs preferred.
Salary: Commensurate with experience; Range staring at $48,000. Benefits provided.
About First-Plymouth Congregational Church:
First-Plymouth is a progressive church dedicated to social justice, inclusivity and individual growth. The mission of First-Plymouth Church is to increase the love of God and neighbor.
First-Plymouth is one of the three largest Congregational churches in the nation, and has a growing congregation of approximately 3,800, with average worship attendance of 1,250, and a strong, growing media and social presence.
For information, visit: www.firstplymouth.org
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please send a letter, resume and video work sample to Addie Vortherms, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications may also be submitted to the church office by mail or in person: 2000 D Street, Lincoln, Nebraska, 68502. The position will remain open until the successful candidate is hired.
Lead Teacher @ First-Plymouth East
First-Plymouth East is looking for a Lead Teacher to join our team. This is a part-time position in which you will be responsible for teaching K-2nd graders or 3rd-5th graders the week’s Sunday School lesson. Your required hours would be 9:00-10:30 am, or until all children have been picked up.
To succeed in this position you will need:
- a genuine interest in working with children and the ability to foster warm, responsive relationships with children and their families
- an ability to teach and a willingness to prepare (all lessons and materials will be provided)
- a positive, friendly attitude
- initiative and capacity to work with minimal supervision
- dedication and commitment to the position and children
- the ability to be flexible from week to week if needs arrive in other areas of the Children’s Ministry at East
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Jessica Andersen-Anschutz at: email@example.com or mail to 2000 D Street, Lincoln, NE 68502.