Employment Opportunities at First-Plymouth Church
8 hours weekly, with additional hours available for special bulletin publications.
Position Summary: Responsible for layout and design of the church’s weekly worship bulletins. This position allows you to work from home using your own computer and appropriate software.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
1. Weekly Worship Bulletins Design and Layout
- Gathering and compiling information for each multiple worship services. Coordinate all bulletin content from ministerial, music ministry, as well as administrative staff and other resources
- Designs within current templates, but has creative input for future revisions that are in line with First-Plymouth’s unified look.
- Maintain strict deadlines for both proofing and printing production.
- e in communication with print volunteers and office staff.
2. Additional Worship Services Design and Layout
- Will also be responsible for coordinating bulletin design and layout of special worship services that are held within the year. Including: Compline, Thanksgiving Eve, Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, Lenten services, Holy Week (Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Holy Saturday), Easter Sunday, and any additional services as needed.
- Support of the Church’s mission, ministries, and values.
- Strong computer and graphic design skills.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Complete tasks within the 8 hour work schedule. This position allows you to work from home using your own computer and appropriate software.
- Ability to be an effective team member and develop strong working relationships with Church ministers and staff, volunteers, and parishioners.
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please send a letter and resume to Addie Vortherms, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications may also be submitted to the church office by mail or in person: 2000 D Street, Lincoln, Nebraska, 68502. The position will remain open until the successful candidate is hired.
15-20 hours per week. Nights and weekends required. Contact email@example.com for details.
Lead Teacher @ First-Plymouth East
First-Plymouth East is looking for a Lead Teacher to join our team. This is a part-time position in which you will be responsible for teaching K-2nd graders or 3rd-5th graders the week’s Sunday School lesson. Your required hours would be 9:00-10:30 am, or until all children have been picked up.
To succeed in this position you will need:
- a genuine interest in working with children and the ability to foster warm, responsive relationships with children and their families
- an ability to teach and a willingness to prepare (all lessons and materials will be provided)
- a positive, friendly attitude
- initiative and capacity to work with minimal supervision
- dedication and commitment to the position and children
- the ability to be flexible from week to week if needs arrive in other areas of the Children’s Ministry at East
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Jessica Andersen-Anschutz at: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 2000 D Street, Lincoln, NE 68502.