Employment Opportunities at First-Plymouth Church
Associate Minister of Congregational Care
Basically, we are looking for a minister who wakes up in the morning and immediately wonders "Who needs some love and care today?" and "How can the church surround each person with compassion?" The Minister for Congregational Care at First-Plymouth will have the delightful duty of providing loving attention to persons. Some of the core responsibilities include: providing pastoral care, supporting members during challenging and joyful times, building relationships and responding to needs, connecting members to ministries, fostering a wide array of care teams, developing systems for sharing appropriate information and maintaining an excellent working relationship with co-workers. Do you love to care for souls? Would being part of a radically inclusive, intellectually courageous congregation help your own spirit soar? Do you embrace each person as a miracle of God? If so, a wonderful ministry awaits you.
How to Apply:
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to Dr. Jim Keck, firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to First-Plymouth Church, 2000 D St, Lincoln, NE 68502.
Children and Family Coordinator at FP East
(offsite worship at Kloefkorn Elementary)
PT POSITION (15-20 HOURS)
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children and families? Do you enjoy coordinating efforts that result in implementing a well-run program? Does it jazz you up to think about bringing more kids (and their parents) to experience worship at an inclusive and welcoming church?
First-Plymouth is looking for a person to help grow our children, youth and family ministry at F-P East. This position will work with Patrick Messer, First-Plymouth Associate Minister, as a partner in providing the best experience for F-P East children and families. This position will also work with Hollie Schmidt, Minister of Children, Youth and Families for First-Plymouth Church, in coordinating curriculum, resources and programs to children & youth. We are looking for a person who loves people, is excited about potential for growth/bringing new families to worship and can help create a Sunday morning atmosphere that is warm and inviting to children and families.
Must be available Sunday mornings from 8:30 – 11:00 a.m.
Other hours may be flexible and worked out with Patrick and Hollie. It would be beneficial if able to attend weekly Tuesday First-Plymouth staff meetings from 1:30-2:30 p.m.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential functions of the position include:
- Serve as a FP East “Ambassador”. Working as a partner with Patrick and looking for ways to invite new families each week to F-P East.
- Recruit, coordinate and serve as point-of-contact for all FP East teachers, including childcare and Bible Learning (Sunday school) Time. Be able to fill in and lead class when necessary. Ensure all classroom supplies are prepared and onsite. Work with Hollie on these functions.
- Sunday School/Bible Learning time curriculum will be provided by Hollie and the Children, Youth and Family department and ministry.
- Welcome and greet children and families attending F-P East service, provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
- Work with Patrick to develop plan to follow up with new families each week.
- Communicate with Hollie to report and review each week:
1. Is current programming working best for F-P East children, youth and families?
2. Are we offering opportunities for F-P East families to become more involved in church activities, making -FP East families an integral part of our church community?
3. Do we have the right ratio/# of teachers/classrooms?
4. Issues for improving experience?
- Work with Patrick and Hollie to offer other events and programs to children, youth & families at F-P East.
- Recruit volunteers to assist with events and programs.
The ideal candidate will have 3 to 5 years’ experience working with children, preferable in an educational setting.
- Support of the Church’s mission, ministries, and values.
- Ability to be an effective team member and develop strong working relationships with Church ministers and staff, volunteers, and parishioners.
- emonstrated commitment to timely and quality service.
- trong interpersonal skills and communication.
- Attention to details.
Requirements of the job include the ability to do the work, with or without reasonable accommodations. It is the Church’s policy to make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. The Senior Minister retains the right to add, subtract or change duties of the position at any time.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than "at will" employment relationship.
How to Apply
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Patrick Messer, email@example.com or mail to 2000 D Street, Lincoln, NE 68502.
15-20 hours per week. Nights and weekends required. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Lead Teacher @ First-Plymouth East
First-Plymouth East is looking for a Lead Teacher to join our team. This is a part-time position in which you will be responsible for teaching K-2nd graders or 3rd-5th graders the week’s Sunday School lesson. Your required hours would be 9:00-10:30 am, or until all children have been picked up.
To succeed in this position you will need:
- a genuine interest in working with children and the ability to foster warm, responsive relationships with children and their families
- an ability to teach and a willingness to prepare (all lessons and materials will be provided)
- a positive, friendly attitude
- initiative and capacity to work with minimal supervision
- dedication and commitment to the position and children
- the ability to be flexible from week to week if needs arrive in other areas of the Children’s Ministry at East
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Hollie Schmidt, email@example.com or mail to 2000 D Street, Lincoln, NE 68502.