We welcome new members to First-Plymouth at any time. Maybe you’ve joined us for worship one time. Maybe you’ve been coming on and off for a while. Maybe you’ve attended for years. Whatever the case, we would love to welcome you as a member of our church.
You can join by simply calling Shelly Wachman at 402-476-7565 ext. 211 with your name and contact information. It’s that easy. You can also email Shelly to start your membership.
You may also join by filling out our online form, OR downloading this PDF FILE, and mailing it to First-Plymouth, c/o Membership, 2000 ‘D’ St., Lincoln, NE 68502. You are also welcome to stop by the church during business hours and complete a membership form.
By joining our church, you will receive:
- Special introductory video
- Invitation to meet with Dr. Jim Keck
- Invitation to New Member Welcome – we hold these several times throughout the year; provides you with the opportunity to meet with others new to First-Plymouth and Dr. Keck to learn about programs and ministries at our church
- Invitation to “What Type of Church is First-Plymouth” – opportunity to learn about our church and our denomination
- Vote at our Annual Meeting held in January. As a Congregational Church, every member has a vote.
- Invitation to a special New Member Dinner before Maundy Thursday service
- Instant connection and information about all First-Plymouth programs by receiving our newsletter (Herald – mail or on-line) and email notices you select based on your interest (optional). There is truly something for everyone – variety of worship services, adult education and classes, lectures, special events, choir and music, mission and volunteer outreach, bible studies, programs for children and youth, socials, fellowship and pastoral care.
All activities and classes are optional and not required for membership. Childcare is provided.
You may join First-Plymouth through:
- Confession of Faith which means you have never belonged to a church before or have never been confirmed
- Reaffirmation of Faith which means you belonged to a church at one time but have not attended that church for awhile or your membership there has lapsed
- Letter of Transfer which means you currently belong to another church of any denomination and we may write that church to have your records transferred.
By joining our church, you will instantly become part of a caring community of folks. We would love to welcome you as a member of First-Plymouth today.
For more information about joining, please call the church office, 476-7565, ext. 201 or email@example.com to request a minister to call you.